Picture of Janie

Picture of Janie
REAL TALK

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Please allow me to start off by saying I am grateful to God and the prayers from many friends and family for the outcome of yesterday's court hearing. To be specific, no jail time involved, no more rehab time which I had already successfully completed for almost 4 months this past summer, and what should have been 2 hearings, my attorney spoke with the defense attorney and got it down to just the one hearing yesterday. I will however have $580 in fines which can be made in installments, attend the MADD Panel to the tune of $75.00, and of course the obvious, have no similar violations, no drinking, obey all laws, supervised probation for one year (which is fine with me) and subject to random testing without probable cause. Enough about that.

Back to my title of the day, "You Can't Always Get What You Want," is so true. I wanted to drink on that day I received my D.W.I. and should have received the consequences. In life, we do things we don't want to do at times. Waking up in the middle of the night with our nursing babies when we are exhausted, dealing with our difficult and confused teens, getting a divorce and the list could go on and on. I don't always want to attend my A.A./N.A. meetings 3 times a week. But I know it is important to my sobriety.

At this point in my life, I just want to do what the Lord would have me do and it be pleasing in His sight. If I can obtain this, then all is well with my soul. This must have a connection with not only maturing in age but maturing in our relationship with God, and there are times when all I can pray is "help me God", or "thy will be done, not mine."

This is a simple concept, but not an easy one. I'm glad the more I do it, the easier it gets.

Thanks for reading about the "real Jane."

No comments:

Post a Comment